20090605

|

20090605, originally uploaded by harner.bill.


This isn't the time for words

I'd rather talk with my fist.
It just wants to say hello
and give you a quick kiss.

---me

You'd think I'd be used to not even getting a job interview. I've only had two of them since I got laid off. My skill set is pretty much crap unless you want someone to do media related junk, which is what I want to do.
So I finally found myself a job that I REALLY wanted, AND was extremely qualified for, and even thought I might have some inside connections that could help put in a good word for me (and I know they did), but after 4 weeks of waiting and contacting their HR department to make sure everything was recieved and in process and yadda, yadda, yadda.

I called again today (I called last week but the person I needed to talk to was on vacation and the person I talked to said that the position hadn't been filled yet and my application was "in process" (whatever that means) only to find out that the position was filled earlier this week and that they had forgotten to send out notices that the position had been filled.

Grrr. I haven't been this depressed since I got laid off. At least then I had ski season. Now I've got nothing. A busted bike, a fishing license that's about to expire (and I can't afford to go get a new one) and an Xbox and the internets. And yes, I know I have a loving wife and an awesome rugrat, but they don't really help me blow off any steam. It all seems pretty darn useless. Someday I'm going to find a good full time job and work for someone with integrity. It's been a long time since I've had a boss at a full time job with integrity. Thanks, Jim and Dan, for showing me how men of integrity function in the real world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment