On the road again...

|
I just got back from yet another road trip. I'm amazed my car still functions with how I've been abusing it these last couple weeks. Anyway...

I just got back from the most amazing half week I've ever had, and it was preceded by reading the most powerful book I've read cover to cover in a very long time. The book is "The Power of the Powerless". You can find it on Amazon (or one of their partner's website's) for under ten bucks, and it's worth its weight in gold. The author grew up with an older brother who was deaf, blind, and confined to his bed for 32 years. It's their story of love as well as the story of his brother's purpose. It is also the stories of 3 other families who read the first article he wrote about his brother and responded with stories of amazing love and purpose in their lives. I've never felt my soul torn open in such an extravagant way or for such a long time. It's been over a week since I read the book and I'm reminded of it's lessons of love many times daily. Just trying to describe it makes me tremble, so I'm going to stop for now.

Hopefully I'll be able to post tomorrow night with all my photos from the last couple weeks as well as a better bit about the book. You should read it and share it. Be prepared to understand that all we know about love is just scratching the surface of what the Creator has for us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment